Who We Are
Plastic Energy is a world leading chemical recycling company with a global mission to end plastic waste. We stand at the forefront of innovation, with a patented and proven process to convert end-of-life plastic waste into TACOIL™, which replaces fossil oils in the production of clean, food-grade plastics.
Plastic Energy is headquartered in London, with offices in Madrid, Seville, Singapore and Malaysia. We currently own and operate two chemical recycling plants in Spain, with further construction projects underway in Europe and Asia.
You would be joining a dynamic company within a rapidly growing technology sector. It’s an exciting time to join Plastic Energy as we embark on and expand our global portfolio of new projects.
We’re looking for an experienced Project Procurement Manager, with a history of working within industrial sectors such as oil and gas, petrochemicals, energy or similar industries, where high-value, long-lead equipment is purchased through a multitude of suppliers ranging from transactional through to strategic relationships, working in a team-based project environment. You will be joining our Procurement team which forms part of the Sales and Corporate Development Team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Represent Plastic Energy project procurement across all Projects, Joint Ventures and Licensing agreements.
- Define with Joint Venture the role of Plastic Energy C&P, particularly proprietary equipment sourcing.
- Assume responsibility for the delivery of project procurement dependent on JV requirements.
- Own and lead the relationships with key suppliers.
- Manage our EPC contractor project teams and suppliers to ensure policy is implemented and best value is achieved.
- Lead and actively participate in commercial negotiations for all project purchasing.
- Develop and issue RFQ’s for CAPEX equipment.
- Create and issue Purchase Orders on behalf of Plastic Energy.
- Manage post-order expediting activities to ensure Goods are delivered on time and on budget to partners.
- Provide regular reports on project procurement status to the Head of C&P and the senior leadership team.
- Develop strong relationships with business stakeholders and strategic supply partners to improve business performance.
- Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
The role is extensive and varied, and the above is not intended to provide an exhaustive list of duties.
- Ability to work across multiple projects and geographical locations.
- Able to prioritise and manage a heavy workload often with conflicting timelines
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Experienced negotiator with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and an excellent team player.
- Analytically strong to interrogate data with well-developed presentation and communication skills.
- Up to 25% international travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Commercial or Engineering related subject.
- MCIPS is desirable but not a pre-requisite.
- 5-10 years’ experience within oil and gas, petrochemicals or energy, purchasing high value CAPEX equipment of all types.
- Previous experience of managing a procurement team, preferably in a PMC role.
Plastic Energy embraces diversity in all its forms and we are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment based on merit without attention to age, ethnicity, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status or disability status. If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please don’t hesitate to let us know.