Who We Are
Plastic Energy is a world leading chemical recycling company with a global mission to end plastic waste. We stand at the forefront of innovation, with a patented and proven process to convert end-of-life plastic waste into TACOIL™, which replaces fossil oils in the production of clean, food-grade plastics.
Plastic Energy is headquartered in London, with offices in Madrid, Seville, Singapore and Malaysia. We currently own and operate two chemical recycling plants in Spain, with further construction projects underway in Europe and Asia. Our Research & Development laboratories, where the post holder will be based, are located on the Science and Enterprise park next to Loughborough University.
You would be joining a dynamic company within a rapidly growing technology sector. It’s an exciting time to join Plastic Energy as we embark on and expand our global portfolio of new projects.
Given the intense interest in our technology, we are strengthening our Research and Development team based in Loughborough. We are seeking a technically minded individual, with a “can do” attitude and who would enjoy having meaningful input into an emerging sector.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop an understanding within the area of end-of-life plastic waste pyrolysis and related waste management.
- Carry out pyrolysis experiments on the laboratory / pilot scale and characterise the resulting products.
- Analyse the resulting data and interpret the results.
- Support, and after training, be responsible for, the day-to-day running of individual research projects.
- Work to, and implement, health and safety regulations with respect to work undertaken.
- Prepare reports and communicate research findings.
- Take a collaborative approach, contributing ideas for new research and enterprise projects.
- Assist in the continued technical development and roll-out of Plastic Energy’s technology on a global scale. This may occasionally involve international travel and collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested and that are commensurate with the nature and grade of the post.
- A degree-level qualification in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Material Science, or relevant industrial experience.
- Basic knowledge of standard chemical analysis equipment (i.e., GCMS, Elemental Analysers, FTIR etc.)
- Good maths and IT skills.
- Experience of working within a synthetic or analytical laboratory setting.
- Experience of working with air sensitive materials and / or high temperature reactions.
- Knowledge of, or familiarity with, Swagelok compression fittings and/or operation of an autoclave.
- Knowledge of, or familiarity with “pilot scale” equipment.
- An effective communicator with excellent spoken and written English.
- The ability to progress with several different tasks simultaneously and deliver to schedule.
- Sense of adventure and drive, and a self-motivator.
Plastic Energy embraces diversity in all its forms and we are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment based on merit without attention to age, ethnicity, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status or disability status. If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Interviews will be held at our Loughborough office or via video conference, where you will have the opportunity to meet our Principal Scientist and other members of the team.
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org